Authentication Certificate is primarily intended for the authentication of the certificate holder. It is most often used for logging into various information systems. Certificates issued by the Disig certification authority are accepted in systems, e.g. OKTE, Damas, RBP.
The authentication certificate must contain at least the name of the holder (natural person) or the name of the company (legal entity) to which the certificate was issued and the clientAuth attribute in the Extended Key Usage extension must be also specified in the certificate.
The key pair (private and public key) is usually generated in the PC. The authentication certificate is issued with a validity period of 1, 2 or 3 years.
The certificate holder's private key is usually stored on the disk of his / her PC and the corresponding public key is automatically stored in the application when it is generated.
How to get an authentication certificate?
The authentication certificate can be issued for:
- Natural Person (certificate for electronic signature)
- Natural Person – Employee (certificate for electronic signature)
- Legal Person (certificate for electronic seal)
- Generate a certificate request on your PC (see instructions below)
- Send the generated request in advance to the registration authority for formal review
- Make an appointment in advance
- Visit the registration authority at the agreed time
- Submit the necessary identity documents
- Submit additional documents
- If payment is not made in cash or card, submit an order
Please see the Price list of our services.
Natural person -The certificate issued for a natural person contains the mandatory data "Name and surname", "state". Optional data includes "city" and "email". The applicant for this type of certificate submits:
Natural person - employee - certificate issued to a natural person - an employee. This is a certificate that can only be issued with the written consent of the employer. The employer can also make payment for this certificate. The certificate issued for a natural person - an employee contains mandatory data "Name and surname", "name of organization", "city", "state". "Organizational department" and "e-mail" can be specified as optional items. The applicant for this type of certificate submits:
Legal person - The certificate issued for a legal entity contains the mandatory data "Organization Name (CN), "Organization (O)", "Organization Identifier" and "State". "Organizational unit", "city" and "e-mail" can be specified as optional items. The applicant for this type of certificate submits:
- Documents as for a natural person and in addition
- Original or officially certified copy of the extract from the trade register not older than three months (an electronic form (PDF) is preffered) (more here: Electronic extract from the commercial register )
- Power of attorney - submitted in case the statutory body of the certificate holder cannot personally visit the RA branch and had authorized another person to take over the certificate. Only the power of attorney verified by a notary is accepted!
How to create certificate signing request
Please use our Certificate request generation.
The issuance of authentication certificate
Send an email with the attached CSR request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personnel of RA will contact you with the instructions to complete the issuance of authentication certificate.