Qualified certificates for PSD2
Qualified certificates for PSD2 (hereinafter only "QC for PSD2") are issued to payment service providers and banks for the purposes of Directive (EU) 2015/2366 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2015 on payment services in the internal market Directives 2002/65 / EC, 2009/110/EC and 2013/36/EU and Regulation (EU) No 182/2011 are amended; 1093/2010 and repealing Directive 2007/64/ EC ("PSD2 Directive") and Act No. 492/2009 Coll., On Payment Services and Amending Certain Acts, as amended.
QC for PSD2 are issued as:
- Qualified certificate for website authentication for PSD2 (QWAC for PSD2),
- Qualified certificate for electronic seal for PSD2 (QSeal for PSD2).
QWAC for PSD2 is a qualified certificate issued by a qualified trust service provider that meets the requirements set out in Annex IV to Regulation (EU) No 1095/2010. 910/2014 (eIDAS) and requirements according to ETSI TS 119 495
QSeal for PSD2 is a qualified electronic seal certificate issued by a qualified trust service provider that meets the requirements set out in Annex III to Regulation (EU) No 1095/2010. 910/2014 (eIDAS) and requirements according to ETSI TS 119 495.
To issue QWAC for PSD2 and QSeal for PSD2, a separate PKCS # 10 request must be generated. The certificate is not issued for cryptographic keys generated and stored in the QSCD (eg chip card).
QWAC for PSD2 - purpose
QWAC for PSD2 is used to establish secure communication (TLS protocol) between banks and other payment service providers or even third parties. It contains specific data by which the certificate holder identifies and proves its rights assigned to the designated national authority (in the Slovak Republic it is the National Bank of Slovakia).
QSeal for PSD2 - purpose
QSeal for PSD2 is used to confirm the authenticity of transmitted data within the secured communication and after its termination. At the same time, the integrity of the transmitted data is proven by making a qualified seal.
How to get QC for PSD2?
To obtain QWAC and QSeal for PSD2, you need to perform the following steps:
- Prepare a certificate request in PKCS#10 format and submit it for review
- To make an appointment in advance
- To visit the registration authority in person, or to authorize another natural person to do so
- Submit the necessary identity documents
- Submit the original or an officially certified copy of the extract from the Commercial Register not older than three months (for inspection), or an electronic extract from the Business Register of the Slovak Republic (more information here: Business Register extract
- Submit additional documents
- If payment is not made in cash or by payment card, submit billing information
Price list for the issuing of QC for PSD2
Formal holder identification
The formal holder of the QWAC and QSeal certificate for PSD2 is always a specific natural person. Most often it is the company's statute or an employee authorized by it. To verify identity, the frrmal holder must provide two proofs of identity:
- primary document: valid identification document - national identification card resp. passport
- Secondary document: passport (if not presented as primary document), driver's license, birth certificate, service card, firearms license, health insurance card.
If the formal holder is represented in the proceedings by the registration authority by an authorized person, he must submit an officially certified power of attorney confirming this fact. In this case, we prefer the power of attorney created by us, which we will send to you electronically upon request.
Certificate issuance process
After verifying the identity of the PSD2 formal holder and verifying the completeness and correctness of the PSD2 certificater request, the RA employee will forward the request to the CA for processing. After issuing the certificate, the RA employee together with the formal holdert will sign the relevant documentation. The QC for PSD2 will be handed over to the formal holder after the issue, or it will be sent to the agreed e-mail address upon agreement. The release process takes about 20 minutes.
Validity of QC for PSD2
QWAC for PSD2 is usually valid for 395 days. QSeal for PSD2 is usually issued with a validity of 730 days. After this period, the validity of the QC for PSD2 automatically expires and the certificate can no longer be used for the purpose for which it was issued. QC for PSD2 that has expired or been revoked cannot be reinstated. A notification email with instructions on how to proceed with the certificate renewal will be automatically sent to the formal certificate holder 30 days before the expiry of the QC for PSD2.